Curriculum vitae - Hartmut Wekerle
Emeritus director at the Max Planck Institute (MPI) of Neurobiology in Munich.
Director of the department Neuroimmunology at the MPI of Neurobiology (1988 - 2012)
Chairman (Dean) of the Biological-Medical Section of the Max Planck Society (1999-2002).
Postdoctoral training at the Weizmann Institute and the MPI of Immunobiology and Epigenetics in Freiburg.
Medical student at the University of Freiburg.
Advisory board member of several national and international research institutions, including MS societies.
Member of the editorial boards of numerous international journals.
Honors and awards
- Ernst Jung Prize for Medicine (1982)
- Duchenne Prize (1984)
- Zülch Prize (1999)
- Charcot Award (International Federation of MS Societies, 2001)
- Louis D Award (Grand Prix des Academies des Sciences, Paris, 2002)
- Honorary Professor, University of Munich (1993)
- Member of LEOPOLDINA (German Academy of Natural Scientists, 2002)
- HERTIE Senior Professorship (2011)
- Koselleck Award (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, 2013)
- Honorary Doctorate of the Medical Faculty of the University of Hamburg (2013)
- Honorary Doctorate of the University of Wuerzburg (2014)
- Honorary Member of the Société Francaise de Neurologie (2016)
- Honorary Member of the Cuban Neursocience Society (2017)
- Jacob Henle Medal (2018)