Life Science Campus Martinsried
A great variety of scientific institutes and establishments, ranging from educational facilities over research institutes to start-up businesses, can be found only a stone's throw away from each other on the Campus Martinsried.
Ever since 1984, the Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology has been an integral part of the Campus Martinsried. Together with the neighboring Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, the two institutes host over 1000 scientists and other members of staff. This makes Martinsried one of the largest Max Planck locations worldwide.
In the immediate vicinity, the Faculties for Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacy of the Ludwig Maximilian University (LMU) are to be found. In addition, the Biomedical Center (BMC), the University Clinic Großhadern, the Gene Center of the LMU and the Helmholtz Center of Hematology are only a few minutes' walk away.
The Innovation and Startup Center for Biotechnology (IZB) is another important campus partner. In its currently 25,000m² premises, the IZB provides optimal conditions for over 50 Startup companies in their first few years of existence. Many of today's successful enterprises started as outsourcings from the Max Planck Institutes.
In locations where such intense research is conducted, it goes without saying that the infrastructure must be of equally high standard. The Mensa, canteen, Café "Freshmaker" and restaurant "Seven and More", all play their part in keeping body and soul together. Members of staff with young children can rest assured that their offspring are in good hands at one of the campus' three day care nurseries. The "Campus at Home" provides a central meeting point for the scientific community, facilitating with its Faculty Club, hotel and restaurant the interactions between scientists from the campus and abroad. The planned extension of Munich's U6 underground will mean that the campus will be even more accessible.
You can find more information on the Campus Martinsried and its various facilities on the Campus-Website: www.campusmartinsried.de/eng