Construction-Technical Campus Management
The Construction-Technical Campus Management is a joint facility of the Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology and the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry.
With its own specialists, the team ensures optimal infrastructural conditions for research and work at the institutes under economic conditions. Our services cover the entire spectrum from planning and construction to the maintenance, repair and monitoring of equipment and facilities that supply the laboratories on the MPI campus with electricity, water, heat, cooling, air, gas and telecommunications.
In addition to these tasks, our service also includes a modern service center for the timely, precise and high-quality implementation of specific requirements requested by our scientists: In close coordination with the researchers, the staff of the scientific workshops are responsible for the design, development and completion of tailor-made, innovative spare parts and equipment for laboratory use.
Building and Operational Management
In case there is a problem in the supply of heat, cooling, ventilation, water, technical gases (except cylinders) and electricity to the buildings, the staff of the Fault Reporting Center of the Technical Operations Office are available from 8 am to 4 pm to provide advice and assistance. Emergencies outside these hours are dealt with by the service team on duty.
Precision Mechanics & Electronics (Central Workshops)
We are responsible for and happy to help with
- the development, production, commissioning and repair of scientific laboratory equipment and devices according to individual specifications
- the manufacture of supplementary equipment and adaptations for microscopy
- welded constructions and sheet metal work according to the specifications of the scientists
- troubleshooting and repair of laboratory equipment (except devices with mandatory official testing)
- customer service and application advice before and after the equipment manufactured by the workshops comes into use
- equipment demonstrations / advice on the purchase of industrial equipment