The imaging facility offers access to various state of the art microscopes for the Institute's scientists. The service includes help with experimental design (e.g. choice of fluorescent dye or proteins), hands on microscopy training and assistance with data analysis. In addition, the imaging facility is able to assist you in building your own setup.
Present microscopes include various confocal scanning systems for fixed and live samples equipped with air, oil and water immersion objectives, a STED microscope and 2 Photon systems for live animal imaging.
- Zeiss LSM700 confocal scanning microscope (405, 488, 555, 638 nm exc), upright
- Olympus FV1000 confocal scanning microscope (405, 488, 545, 633 nm exc), upright
- Olympus FV1000 2 photon scanning system with MaiTai Deep See laser unit, upright
- Leica TCS SP8 confocal scanning microscope (405,442, 488, 545 633 nm exc), upright
- Leica TCS SP8 confocal scanning microscope (405, 488, 545 633 nm exc), upright
- Nikon Spinning disk CSU-W1 So Ra, inverted
- STED microscope (STEDYCON) for super resolution imaging (488, 561, 633 nm exc, 775 nm STED beam), inverted